Harbor Retirement Associates Celebrates 20 Years of Excellence in Senior LivingPosted By HarborChase on May 1, 2022
For 20 years, Harbor Retirement Associates (HRA) has led the senior housing industry with a mission to develop and manage world-class senior living communities. HRA has developed communities across the United States that give seniors and their families a safe, luxurious, and beautiful place to call home.
Since its founding in 2002 by Dan Simmons and Tim Smick (who remains HRA’s Chairman and Managing Partner), Harbor Retirement Associates has created and refined successful senior living communities with a focus on its five core values:
- RESPECT. Our respect for one another motivates us to fully value and foster the dignity and individuality of each resident, family member, and staff caregiver.
- ATTENTIVENESS. We focus our energy and efforts on our residents and their families. Their needs and expectations determine the services we provide. Their social, emotional, and physical well-being inspire all we do.
- INTEGRITY. We commit to doing the right things for the right reasons, whether anyone will know.
- STEWARDSHIP. We work to be good stewards of our own and our residents’ resources by exercising a thoughtful and responsible use of the time, skills, materials, and finances with which we have been entrusted.
- EXCELLENCE. We strive to continually exceed our customers’ expectations with exceptional service.
Looking Back: The History of HRA
The last 20 years have been marked by many incredible achievements for HRA. One of its first milestones was in 2005 with the opening of Regency Park in Vero Beach, Florida – HRA’s first development. This independent senior living community remains a luxury location with exceptional hospitality and life enrichment opportunities.
Building on the success of Regency Park, HRA opened HarborChase of Vero Beach in 2007, providing its first Assisted Living and Memory Care community, offering three distinct lifestyle options:
- Assisted Living: 24/7 assisted living services tailored to the individual, considering not only their needs but also their personal preferences.
- Transitional Memory Care: The Sound at HarborChase is a transitional memory care program for individuals with mild memory impairment. This option is for those who would benefit from focused care but may not require the full attention or secured environment available in The Cove.
- Memory Care: The Cove is a world-class memory care program designed for individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. In this neighborhood, we provide a personalized experience through stimulating activities, nutrient-dense cuisine, and thoughtfully designed living spaces.
Since then, Harbor Retirement Associates has expanded to include 37 communities across 13 states, providing the best in independent senior living, assisted living, and memory care programs for thousands of families.
The Meaning Behind our HRA Logo
The name Harbor Retirement Associates has become synonymous with luxury, beauty, and high-quality care. HRA’s commitment to older adults is evident in everything we do – including the HRA logo.
Our focus on respect for an individual’s self-worth and responsible stewardship are depicted by the two actively engaged figures celebrating life within the context of an encompassing and caring golden hand. The beautiful doves soaring happily aloft highlight the peace of mind our residents and their families enjoy in our “worry-free” environments manned by attentive individuals of integrity dedicated to their well-being. We believe that our logo accurately reflects for our caregivers, residents, and their families the commitment to excellence we embrace.
Looking Ahead: The Future of HRA
It has been an exciting 20 years – but we are just as excited to think about where HRA is going next!
Harbor Retirement Associates has already completed full renovations and upgrades to several of our HarborChase Senior Living communities, including new and innovative dining experiences. We look forward to inviting more individuals and families into our stunning communities and showing them everything that HarborChase and HRA have to offer.
With plans to soon open our newest community, HarborChase of Boynton Beach, the future truly is bright!
>And while the past two years have presented many unique challenges with navigating a global pandemic, HRA associates and leadership have faced each obstacle with courage and compassion. By leaning into our core values and focusing on delivering the best possible experience for our residents and their families, our associates have enabled HRA not only to make it through the COVID crisis but to become stronger as a result.
On April 7, 2022, we were fortunate enough to celebrate our 20th Anniversary at our Regency Park community in Vero Beach, Florida – the place where it all began! We invite you to celebrate with us all year long – and come with us as we embark on the next 20 years together.