HarborChase of Princeton must have a documented “Outbreak Plan” as required by N.J.S.A.26:2H-12.87. The plan includes, but is not limited to, lessons learned from the response to and experience with COVID-19. Our plan includes a strategy for effective and clear communication with associates, residents, and families about any infectious disease outbreak.
- HarborChase of Princeton shall communicate through multiple platforms to effectively inform individuals, including non-essential healthcare partners, of the visitation restrictions. Our community will accomplish this via signage at entrances and exits, direct letters and emails, and phone calls and/or recorded messages.
- HarborChase of Princeton will utilize appropriate methods to communicate information on mitigating actions implemented by our community to prevent the risk of transmission, including if normal operations of the community are altered. Notifications shall not include personally identifiable information.
- Our community strives to use the appropriate methods to provide cumulative updates for residents and families of those living in our community at least once weekly. Such methods may include but are not limited to pre-recorded video messages, Facetime calls, Zoom calls, group emails distributed directly to families, and through website and social media postings to advise them of curtailed visitation periods.
- HarborChase of Princeton has written standards, policies and procedures that provide for virtual communication with residents, families, and resident representatives should visitation restrictions be necessary due to an outbreak of an infectious disease or in the event of an emergency.
- HarborChase of Princeton will utilize all available resources to secure and provide staffing to meet the needs of the residents in the event of an infectious disease breakout. During emergencies, volunteers may be accessed or recruited through credentialing agencies and organizations.
- Arrangements with our sister HarborChase communities
- HarborChase of Princeton is one of 37 HarborChase communities. Our associates are cross trained to provide care and deliver services throughout our family of communities. They are trained on the emergency preparedness plans and their specific roles to ensure a safe and efficient response. This ensures that qualified, licensed, and experienced associates can fulfill emergency staffing needs.
- We will utilize third-party providers for supplemental staffing as necessary.
- Our outbreak plan must be posted on the HarborChase of Princeton website for public view.
- HarborChase of Princeton must display on our website and/or social media platforms and include communication to families, guardians and the public, a phone number or method of communication for urgent calls or complaints.
- All HarborChase communities, including HarborChase of Princeton, implemented a Pledge of Love program with all associates. As we continue to navigate the challenges of COVID-19 together, we strive to do everything we can to ensure peace of mind for residents, associates, and families. Click here to read our Pledge of Love.
For more information about HarborChase of Princeton’s Outbreak Plan, please contact Sheila Wilson, Vice President of Health & Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org or 772-257-8106.